2020 Q1 in review

Hi there and welcome back to my blog, how are you? I hope you are well. Today I’m going to talk about my first 3 months of 2020. What have I signed up to do, what happened and what’s coming up.

Apple pencil
For Christmas, last year, I got an Apple pencil. It’s taken my creativity to a whole different game. I’m using a calligraphy app every day and I’m planning to start using a drawing app for start doing some drawing.

Long baths every day
Because of my eczema, every morning, I have been going for a bath. The issue is with my baths, I have been taking long baths. The longest bath that I’ve taken is10 hours. I know that it’s not healthy to be having that long of a bath, but as soon as my body is covered with water and bath oils, I feel great. The bath oils that I’ve been using are mustard oil, activated charcoal, neem, and tea tree oil.

Joined LinkedIn
In the last three months, I’ve joined LinkedIn. It’s something that I didn’t do before my diagnosis. But it should have been something that I’ve been doing.

Job update
I haven’t found a job yet. But originally, when I said that I was looking to go back to work, my original deadline was May 2020. If I wasn’t employed by May this year, I was going to start working for myself. That day is now, and I haven’t started any company yet.

Weekly Reiki sessions
Me, my mum and sister have been taking part in weekly reiki run by Anita Wall, a friend of my sisters. Anita volunteers with “Look Good, feel better”, the same charity as my sister does. I will go into more detail about reiki and my review of it in a future blog post.

30-day plank challenge
I’ve started doing planks every day again. But this time they are a slightly modified version of the plank. Instead of going down on my forearms, I’ve been doing straight arms of the plank, which is easier on my shoulders.

I now weigh in at 58kg. I believe that the plan now is to try and put on muscle and gain a bit of weight.

Ultra Comedy event
In this quarter, I’ve signed up to do an ultra comedy event. The idea behind this that a load of amateur comedians, including myself, train them up for 8 weeks and put on a show for Cancer Research. That was the plan. But then…

This little thing has royally messed up my plans and my lifestyle. Its been over two months, since I’ve been outside, had the hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and gone out and seen someone. I’m still playing the ukulele as part of the Earls of Uke and still taking part in Bhangra Blaze, thanks to technologies like zoom. Earls of Uke meet up once a week now and Bhangra meetups are on a Wednesday now, so I’m able to do both every week.

Because I haven’t been outside, I’m now back on the treadmill. I’m not training for anything yet, because there are no races on so far. What I’ve been doing is going on the treadmill twice a day, but only go on it for ten minutes.

I’ve haven’t restarted the P90X or started training for another 5K/10K because of no races being organized and no time.

That’s it for now. Once again, I just want to thank a few people. Firstly, I would like to thank my mum, dad, sister and my Naughty Mamaji, for being by my side, throughout everything. I would like to thank everyone from BTS for sharing this with the community. I would like to thank Kanika, Shirley, and everyone at Carers Trust for giving me the confidence to share my story and I would like to thank Joe for motivating me to get back on the horse. And I would like to thank everyone at the hospital, my family and friends and everyone who I’ve met on this journey.

Next time, I’m going to be talking about how I kept sane during lockdown. Please feel free to leave a comment and as always, if you buy something from Amazon, through the blog or click on an advert, 100% of the money that I get goes to charity.
Thanks and I shall see you soon.