My mums diary – part 4

Hello there, and welcome back to my blog. How are you? I hope that you are well. Today’s blog post is part 4 of my mum’s diary. We are continuing on with my fluid blockage part of my> story.

Mr Edwards noticed that Arvin’s sugar was high and we are going to keep checking the levels of sugar. In the evening somebody from the special department came and explained where the fluid blockage was and that they are not going to operate but sort it out with the steroids. On the 16th we had a visit from Mr Edwards and Prof Brown and assured us that everything was on target and just waiting for another MRI.

Arvin didn’t recognize anyone but when his sister had asked him if he wanted anything from the shop, Arvin said ‘Wispa Gold’.(Authors note. This is one of the very few things that I remember in my ‘holiday’ in the hospital).

17/03/18 – They moved him to the main ward. I had the staff to make sure that his television was setup in the new ward as his uncle said that maybe a television would jog his memory. Whenever I was changing him, I’d noticed that he would get shy whenever I would be changing him.

18/03/16 – Dr’s on the ward did a blood test and they were just waiting for the results. Professor Brown wanted Arvin to stay the weekend but the ward doctor said there’s no need.

19/03/16 The male nurse gave him a shower and saw that he can dress himself. When he came out of the shower, I took him for a walk around the ward. The dr’s on the ward said that we could take him home, so we thanked everybody and brought him home. The doctors have already given him the tablets and told him when to take them.

I wrote on a sheet what tablets to take and when. He needed to be reminded of what tablet and when to take them.

We already had a bed downstairs and a settee, so Arvin slept on the bed. he tried to get up in the middle of the night but because of his weight gain, so much and so quickly, he slips off the bed. I helped him to stand up and go to the bathroom. Another time, he was in the bathtub and he could not get out of the tub. He needed help.

One day he was lying in bed and I will never forget the look he had. It was as if he was going to see another day or not. I remember telling him that we have been through the worst, you have to be strong, bring your inner strength out.

From those days to nowadays, fatigue, dizzy spells, and headaches are still there. I still do a lot of things for him. Shave him, cook for him, go on walks with him because of his eyesight, sort out his tablets for him so he knows where his tablets are every week. Sometimes he can’t see things that are right in front of him. I still have to carry items for him.

That’s it for now. Once again, I just want to thank a few people. Firstly, I would like to thank my mum, dad, sister and my Naughty Mamaji, for being by my side, throughout everything. I would like to thank everyone from BTS for sharing this with the community. I would like to thank Kanika, Shirley and everyone at Carers Trust for giving me the confidence to sharing my story and I would like to thank Joe for motivating me to getting back on the horse. And I would like to thank everyone at the hospital, my family and friends and everyone who I’ve met on this journey.

The next blog post will be my annual year in review.

Please feel free to leave a comment or leave an idea for a future blog post, and don’t forget, if you buy something through Amazon through the blog, or click on an advert, 100% of the money goes to Brain Tumor Support.
Thanks and I will see you soon.